Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

It's a rainy Monday here and I'm glad we could all stay inside today. It's been raining straight for several days now and I think we are all ready for some sunshine! The kids have lots of energy today from being cooped up!

Hannah had dance class and I was thrilled when my neighbor whos little girl also dances offered to take the girls and pick them up. This saves me from loading and unloading Cody 4 times in the rain!! Plus it eliminates having to move car seats around because I usually take our neighbor one way or the other and have to squish 3 seats in the back. You would think that by having a SUV that there would be PLENTY of room. However, I believe my back seat is no bigger than a regular sized car. I'm convinced that my next vehicle should be a van. I thought the day would never come that i would actually want a van, but it has. I just love those automatic doors when your hands are full (which is all of the time).

It's been an overall productive day. I got our bed sheets laundered and put back on the beds, vacuumed upstairs, and cleaned my hardwood floor. The kids have been fed their lunch (and too many snacks!) and I made a cake to take into work tomorrow for a coworker's birthday. I still need to clean the bathrooms and do another load of laundry. I also need to start thinking about dinner. Maybe meatloaf and scalloped potatoes, yummy!

Cody finally decided to go down for a much needed nap! He is starting to not nap consistently for me. I remember Hannah was around this age when she stopped napping. I do believe he still really needs one because by 6:30 (dinnertime) he is usually grouchy or even falls asleep while watching TV. It is not a pretty site when i have to wake him!

As an aside, I've really been enjoying reading other Mom's blogs. I could spend hours just browsing through and finding interesting people. One blog that I've been following daily is MckMama. She is a mom of four children ages 4 and under! She is a wonderful writer and quite an inspiration. Check it out if you get a chance.

Nothing much else going on today. Now off to relax a little while it's quiet around here...

No comments: