This past weekend I decided it was time to pack up the crib and bring out the big boy bed for Cody. Boy did this start something...I started looking through closets and thought how in the world will i have room for more toys with Christmas just around the corner? So i started with Cody's closet and sorted through the "baby" toys and what I believe he will still play with. How do you accumulate so much stuff?! I had Katie come over and pick out what she wanted for John Jr. and the rest is ready for consignment. Meanwhile I did decide to put the crib and bedding set as well as all the nursery decorations that match the bedding for sale on Craigs List. I also listed the high chair but so far no calls yet. Ironically my best friend just told me that she is pregnant so I believe she is going to end up buying the crib.
Cody and Hannah were having fun all day just playing with toys they haven't seen for a while. After organizing the closets we decided to move some furniture around. The glider rocker in Cody's room wasn't really being used anymore and went down in the family room. This led to clearing out some toys from the family room and puting them in the kid's room so it doesn't seem like the whole house is all toys! Then of course we start thinking how we need new furniture for downstairs, new furniture for Hannah's room, and eventually bunk beds for Cody's room when he gets a little bigger. But for now he sure does like his toddler bed. He went right down for his nap the first day and has slept several nights now with no problem. It's nice to know that he can just get up when he's ready in the morning without me having to go pick him out of the crib but at the same time it's kind of weird knowing he is free! I just can't believe how my kids are growing up on me!
Park City Utah
4 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment