Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hello Louisville Kentucky!

It's been quite an exhausting day. Got up bright and early this morning to finish packing and then the time came to say goodbye to my kiddos, which I have to say was much easier for them! I thought i would be okay until it came right down to it. I gave them both hugs and kisses and they were totally ok with it! Jimmy walked me to the car and then it hit me...i'm really leaving everyone for 5 days! The longest amount of time i've ever been away from them. I managed to hold back the tears until Jimmy went inside and i just sat in the car and cried, i mean tears rolling down my face. I got myself together and headed for Ann's house. I kept telling myself, this is a good thing, Jimmy can handle it.

We had good flights and arrived in Louisville, however, our luggage did not. This was our first little mishap. Apparently because we had such a short connecting flight in Charlotte, our luggage did not make it. So it should be arriving tonight around 9:30 delivered to our hotel, hopefully. We then went to get our rental car and found our car was in the wrong spot. Then once we finally found our car we hooked up the GPS and typed in our hotel. Pushed go and we were on our way. Uh no. Unfortunately the GPS did not know where our hotel was. (We found out later the hotel is so new that it was not recognized on the GPS). We arrived at some townhouse complex. We then relied on good old written directions amd eventually we did find it. Our rooms are awesome. We got dinner to go at Jason's Deli next to the hotel and brought it back so we could watch the football game. Go Steelers!! Now we are just kicking back and relaxing. Some of us watching football and some geeks are on the computer! We were joking earlier cause we saw a tee shirt at the airport that said "Lucky in Kentucky". We are saying "Unlucky in Kentucky". Tomorrow is the first day of class from 9-5. Hopefully i can pass the test...

No comments: