Good Monday morning! Well it didn't start out so good here this morning. I was really hoping to crawl back into bed when Jimmy left for work but no such luck. Cody was at his door coughing and whining so i thought, well this is it. Get ready, get set, start the day! Cody has been in this mode of thinking he needs breakfast when his feet hit the floor and this morning it just wasn't happening. I gave him a banana and told him we would wait for his sister to have pancakes. This was temper tantrum #1. I thought i'd get a blanket out and lay on the couch while he watched TV only to realize very quickly that he was soak and wet from his diaper leaking, up to his shirt! How does this happen? So we had temper tantrum #2 about getting his diaper and PJ's changed. In the process, his sister wakes up. Now i know there is no chance for a cat nap this morning. Our next issue arose with having his sippy cup of milk in the living room. I am really trying to change this and have drinks only in the kitchen and dining room. Simply because i have almost white carpet and a new couch (which took 7 years to get!) Lately Cody finds it amusing to take a drink and hold it in his mouth and then let it out down over his shirt and onto the floor. By this time i thought, i am going to sit in the recliner and get on my laptop. Temper tantrum #4 started when i told him he couldn't sit on my lap and scooted him away to play with his toys. I believe #5 started when he couldn't open the plastic container that his cars are kept in. His sister was nice enough to help him through this one. By the time we had pancakes, things were getting better. Right now they are sitting down watching Happy Feet.
Today should be somewhat relaxing. I tried to get my housework and laundry done over the weekend so it didn't pile up today, which is what always seems to happen. With dance class in the middle of the day, it is hard to get involved in too much before we have to leave (it also doesn't help that i stay on the computer way too long in the morning!) I'm hoping to make a few phone calls this morning to schedule appointments, etc. Then a quick tidy up of the house and finish a load of laundry. After lunch i hope to get my taxes done. When Jimmy gets home we have to go get a birthday gift for his brother which is on Wednesday. I also need to start thinking about what to get Hannah for her birthday. I love the Melissa & Doug toys. I saw a princess castle that i thought she would love but i have to convince Jimmy yet. It is pretty big and doesn't fold completely up for storage. The more practical thing would be to get her clothes for spring and summer, which she so desperately needs. She is growing like a weed! It seems like no clothes fit from the year before anymore. Well, i better get moving or i won't get anything done today.
Park City Utah
4 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment