Well, another weekend has come and gone, although it was a productive one! Last weekend Jimmy and I had cleaned the laundry area and garage as well as some closets and needless to say, there was some JUNK to get rid of! I had a pile of things to go to Goodwill, some clothes for my nephew, and baby gear that we have outgrown to go to consignment. So on Saturday morning I packed up the kiddos and we headed to the consignment shop to get rid of our Pack N Play. I'm interested to see what it sells for. But how nice, all you have to do is drop it off and you get 50% of the profit! We then headed over to Goodwill and dropped several bags of goodies off there. It felt good to clear out!
The kids were still holding up, so we tackled Toys R Us, looking for a birthday present. This is always usually fun because my kids never seem to understand that we are buying for someone else and they are not getting anything. Although this trip went pretty well. We then went over to Ollies to look around, and by this time my phone has rang at least three times, 2 of which were my husband, and once from Nanny. She was calling to see if Hannah wanted to go to lunch with her and Hayley so we all ended up meeting at McDonald's. While we were there Uncle John and Katie stopped by and ended up taking the girls for a day at their house. So Cody and I headed home and I did get some laundry and cleaning done. We went over to Nanny's for dinner and to pick Hannah up over there.
Sunday is typically the dreaded grocery store day. I wanted to head out early to avoid the rain. I've been planning my meals for the week which is working out well. Although some weeks I do go over budget. I defintely need to use more coupons!! I find it hard enough just to make time to search for recipes and make a list of ingredients. My Ipod has a grocery store list app which has made it more easy and fun! I don't know how many times I have made paper lists and got to the store to find out that I forgot my list and my memory is not that good...Anyway, the rest of the day was spent just relaxing at the house, which is always fine with me. I can always find things to do. Both kiddos have birthdays coming up and I did design their invitations on the computer that evening. Can't believe my babies are turning 3 and 6!! So overall it was a fun but productive weekend. Ready for the start of a new week!
Park City Utah
4 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment