
What do you do about work when your child is sick?
Whose responsibility is it to stay home when daycare is not available?
Should Mom be the typical caregiver or should Dad step in?
Fortunately our kids have been very healthy so far this winter so I am very thankful for that! My daughter is almost 6 years old and is in half-day morning kindergarten. After school the bus drops her off at the babysitter until my husband picks up after work. My son is almost 3 years old and also stays at the same sitter 3 days a week and with my wonderful dad 2 days a week. I am very blessed to have my dad those 2 days because he takes my son even when he is sick! However, if it is not his day to watch my son, then I would typically be the one to stay home with him as well as with my daughter. Although my husband has already left work early and picked my daughter up from the sitter when she was not feeling well. So depending on the day and who has more vacation days available to use, this is usually the person who stays home. I think when my kids were younger, my husband was almost "afraid" to watch them, even when they weren't sick, because he was worried that they would cry and he wouldn't know what to do. Now that they are older, he is a lot more comfortable and steps up to the plate more often. I do believe it should be a shared responsibility just like so many other aspects of being a parent. You are in it together and it works better when you are a team! In my opinion, I do think mothers are just naturally more nurturing and children tend to come to Mom more often for comfort when they are not feeling well.
Stop on over at Sweet as Punkin Pie to read what others are saying about this topic. Thanks for the post idea!












2 comments:
hey there...I left you something on my blog
I work as a medical transcriptionist from home so I am just home with them regardless. I watch them while working regardless if they are sick or I am sick. My husband does not take time off work unless I am super sick and my mom or sister cannot come help. I was the one who took time off when I worked outside the home too. My husband makes a ton more money than me so him missing a day of work is worse than me missing a day.
Post a Comment